Course dates: to be decided later in 2023
When you want to be put on the waiting list: please send a mail to email@example.com. Then you will be updated with new course dates in 2023.
The Essence of Trade Credit Insurance: main topics: Underwriting and Claims Handling
This two-day advanced training seminar in Trade Credit Insurance for more experienced professionals is modular. Participants can attend one or both modules.
Day 1 – UNDERWRITING module
- Underwriting in context of trade credit insurance wording
- Types of underwriting
- Point of departure of the underwriting process
- The customer side of underwriting – credit limit decisions
- Technical aspects of underwriting, incl. country & political risk assessment, trade sector assessment, looking at the deal – fraud aspect
- Buyer assessment in general, incl. economic & business cycles, access to capital funding
- Basic subjects & data to assess, incl. solvency, liquidity (cash flow), profitability, ratio analysis, future expectations and type and quality of management
- Introduction to Special Risk Management
- Single Buyer risk
- Non-cancellable limits
- Recent market developments
- Government support schemes in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Day 2 – CLAIMS HANDLING module
- Corporate & Claims philosophy—strictly implement or soft approach
- Claims handling in context of trade credit insurance policy wording
- Point of departure of the claims handling process, including policy text, specific conditions, turn-over policy, insolvency cover, submission of claim in a bankrupt’s estate, deductibles, overdue, collections, calculations, proof of delivery, ILC/Inco terms, claims payment, pre-credit risk – credit risk – political risk, commercial decisions, subrogation and collections after claims.
- Reclaiming of claim payments (a dispute that arise after claim payment)
- Disputes – the role of each party involved – payment conditions
- Lawsuits – points of departure
- Political Risk – Club of Paris
- Causes of claims payments – premium increase
- Re-insurance – commercial – politic – government
The training seminar includes case studies and in-depth discussions. Participants are asked to prepare for the training seminar by reading the provided documents.
The seminar is open to participants with more experience in trade credit insurance. Also, persons working in related sectors, credit managers, CFOs, the media or civil servants of Ministries, brokers and lawyers, and other administrative authorities, will also benefit from this seminar.