Understand how the collection process takes place and how claims are handled and calculated in the day to day practice of Trade Credit Insurance.
Participants with some experience in Trade Credit Insurance or have at least joint the Fundamentals Trade Credit Insurance course of STECIS
Persons who work in related sectors, as in particular credit managers, CFOs or journalists
Civil servants of ministries or other administrative authorities.
Part 1: Collections
- Introduction – introduction tutors – webinar rules
- Deteriorating risks – reasons – liquidity problems – red flags
- Collections procedure – insured versus not insured
- Organisation of Collection activities world wide
- Day to day issues and challenges
Part 2: Claim handling
- Credit Insurers’ philosophy versus claims payments
- Day to day claims handling
- Claim handing in the context of the policy wording
- Risk attaching – loss occurring policies
- Pre-Credit risk- claims handling
- Practical examples
Part 3: Claim handling additional aspects
- Law suits
- Consequences of claim payments for: customers – buyers – countries
- Club of Paris
- Fraud (introduction)
- Provisioning of claims expected to be paid out.
Mr. René Staalstra (https://www.linkedin.com/in/rene-staalstra-080a37a)
Mr. Rob Klouth (https://www.linkedin.com/in/rob-klouth-9531541)
Online webinar via Microsoft Teams
Seminar includes case studies which are discussed during the course.
Participants are asked to prepare the training by reading and assessing the case studies.
After the webinar, the presentations will be made available to the participants in PDF format.